The City of Hilliard originated in 1852 when John Reed Hilliard bought 10 acres of farmland in western Franklin County. It was originally called Hilliard's Station. 

In 1869, with a population of 280 residents, Hilliard's Station became incorporated as the Village of Hilliard. Ohio.  By late 1960, the Village of Hilliard had grown to 5,633 residents and on December 12, 1960, the Village of Hilliard was granted the status of City by the Ohio Secretary of State.

Hilliard is bordered on the east by Upper Arlington, on the north by Dublin, on the south by Galloway and Columbus, and to the west lies open farmland.

Columbus and Central Ohio Regional MLS listings last updated Nov 27, 2020 10:28:pm.