CORONAVIRUS: KEEPING YOUR HOME SAFE
Released March 14, 2020
Why am I issuing this information?
As you are aware, yesterday, March 13, 2020, the Columbus health commissioners voted unanimously to declare a public health emergency.
The first case of the Coronavirus was confirmed here in Columbus on the evening of March 13, 2020.
In response to the growing concerns about COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, I am providing this information to help my community reduce the risk of contracting and spreading coronavirus and to keep their homes safe.
What preventative measures may be taken to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading coronavirus?
The same preventative measures recommended to prevent influenza are also effective in reducing the risk of contracting or spreading coronavirus. These measures include:
● Staying home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
● Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
● Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
● Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick.
● Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
● Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
What steps can you take to protect your home?
The CDC has provided some basic guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting your home (https://bit.ly/3aTBCJi)
While this situation is evolving rapidly and should be taken seriously, there is no need to panic. Please follow the guidelines presented above. Remember to be kind and patient as you encounter your fellow community members.
If you have additional questions regarding the coronavirus, you may contact the city of Columbus hotline at 614-645-1519, or the State of Ohio hotline at 1-833-427-5634. Both are being answered 24/7.
If you have any questions regarding selling your home, or buying a new home, please give me a call at 614-239-5788.
Denise Friend Foster
Camelot Real Estate Group, where "Your Satisfaction is our #1 priority!"